Sudbrook.info title
  
     Home  |  The Chapel  |  Cricket  |  Guestbook  |  Map  |  Paper Mill  |  Pumping Station  |  Severn Tunnel   
1882
The Infirmary

A hospital was opened at the start of 1882. It was one of the largest cottages converted into a hospital. Dr Laurence, of Chepstow together with an assistant ran the hospital at this time.

Then a new one was built (the one that was built has plans with it and was the infirmary). The infirmary was built late 1882, shown opposite. This hospital opened later in 1882. This second hospital had accommodation for female and male medical staff, an operating theatre and a ward for women and children.

  
 prev  8 of 19  next 

cricket info

Reputedly founded in 1860, Sudbrook Cricket Club still thrives today...


map info

Try our map facility for an alternative way to search the Sudbrook database...


guestbook info

Leave a comment or share a thought about Sudbrook here on our guestbook...


BeachBlack RockChapelCricketDocumentsFishing
GenealogyHillfortHousingMapNewsPaper Mill
Pumping StationRailRiver SevernSevern BridgeSevern TunnelShip Building
St MarysTides