Sudbrook.info title
  
     Home  |  The Chapel  |  Cricket  |  Guestbook  |  Map  |  Paper Mill  |  Pumping Station  |  Severn Tunnel   
1868
Transcription: National Gazetteer 1868

Transcription from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) concerning Sudbrook. Also includes a very useful list of other sources of historical information.
"Portskewett, (or Portscuett) a parish in the upper division of Caldicott hundred, county Monmouth, 4 miles S.W. of Chepstow, its post town, and 11 from Usk. It is a station on the South Wales railway. The village, which is small and wholly agricultural, is situated near the Black Rock Inn ferry, on the river Severn, formerly called the New Passage. The land is nearly evenly divided between arable and meadow."


The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868). Transcribed by Colin Hinson 2003


 prev  3 of 10  next 

cricket info

Reputedly founded in 1860, Sudbrook Cricket Club still thrives today...


map info

Try our map facility for an alternative way to search the Sudbrook database...


guestbook info

Leave a comment or share a thought about Sudbrook here on our guestbook...


BeachBlack RockChapelCricketDocumentsFishing
GenealogyHillfortHousingMapNewsPaper Mill
Pumping StationRailRiver SevernSevern BridgeSevern TunnelShip Building
St MarysTides