Sudbrook.info title
  
     Home  |  The Chapel  |  Cricket  |  Guestbook  |  Map  |  Paper Mill  |  Pumping Station  |  Severn Tunnel   
2005
The Hillfort and Army Camp

Part of the ancient hillfort looking towards the Second Severn Crossing. This was also an Iron Age fort built by the Silures tribe who occupied South East Wales 2000 years ago. During 1880-1930ís, the site was used as an Army Camp grounds.

  
 prev  3 of 4  next 

fishing info

Fishing is a popular past-time. Traditional lave net fishing has been going on at Black rock for years...


paper mill info

The paper mill was opened in 1958 by the Wiggins Teape Group. The site was picked because of the nearby water...


cricket info

Reputedly founded in 1860, Sudbrook Cricket Club still thrives today...


BeachBlack RockChapelCricketDocumentsFishing
GenealogyHillfortHousingMapNewsPaper Mill
Pumping StationRailRiver SevernSevern BridgeSevern TunnelShip Building
St MarysTides