Sudbrook.info title
  
     Home  |  The Chapel  |  Cricket  |  Guestbook  |  Map  |  Paper Mill  |  Pumping Station  |  Severn Tunnel   
1966
The First Severn Bridge

Thomas Telford was the person who first had the idea of building a Severn Bridge in 1824. It was almost 100 years later a conference was held in Chepstow. In 1927 the scheme was taken to the Government. The bridge took 5 years to complete and H.M. Queen Elizabeth the second opened it in 1966.

Fantastic views can be had of both old and the new Seven Bridges from Sudbrook.

Image provided by Nigel.


  
 prev  1 of 8  next 

fishing info

Fishing is a popular past-time. Traditional lave net fishing has been going on at Black rock for years...


paper mill info

The paper mill was opened in 1958 by the Wiggins Teape Group. The site was picked because of the nearby water...


cricket info

Reputedly founded in 1860, Sudbrook Cricket Club still thrives today...


BeachBlack RockChapelCricketDocumentsFishing
GenealogyHillfortHousingMapNewsPaper Mill
Pumping StationRailRiver SevernSevern BridgeSevern TunnelShip Building
St MarysTides