Sudbrook.info title
  
     Home  |  The Chapel  |  Cricket  |  Guestbook  |  Map  |  Paper Mill  |  Pumping Station  |  Severn Tunnel   
1886
Pumping Station

The pumping station was built to pump water out of the Severn Tunnel which was constructed by Thomas Walker and was opened in 1886.

During the building of the Severn Tunnel a “great spring” was found. The pumping station was built to remove the water from the tunnel.

The water pumped from the pumping station has been used for many years by the Sudbrook paper mill and the Whitbread Brewery in Magor.

The image here comes from a 1957 edition of the South Wales Argus.

  
 prev  1 of 15  next 

cricket info

Reputedly founded in 1860, Sudbrook Cricket Club still thrives today...


map info

Try our map facility for an alternative way to search the Sudbrook database...


guestbook info

Leave a comment or share a thought about Sudbrook here on our guestbook...


BeachBlack RockChapelCricketDocumentsFishing
GenealogyHillfortHousingMapNewsPaper Mill
Pumping StationRailRiver SevernSevern BridgeSevern TunnelShip Building
St MarysTides